Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dear Clare Abshire-DeTamble


I admire the strength and patience you have. I mean, I can't imagine being with Henry was easy--when he was gone. I mean, I get aggravated when I can't see my boyfriend once a week, or when I'm away at school. But, what you had to go through...I can't imagine. I understand what you meant by saying you never had a choice. I mean, obviously you knew that Henry was your future. But, I mean, sometimes I think about my relationship and feel the same way. I mean he's not a time traveler and a Ouija board didn't spell his name out...but sometimes it's like your heart and mind and body make that choice for you without your brain even realizing it. And it's nothing to complain about, but it's just weird the way life--love works like that. I just want to commend you though for--handling the situation the way you did. I mean, you lived that way your entire life, so I guess it was kind of easy for you in a way. But to live every moment basically wondering if he was going to be there the next, and when he's gone worrying that he's okay and everything's okay. It mus'n't have been easy...but you did it with such...class. You, truly, are a remarkable woman. You are. I can't imagine being in your shoes and handling it any better than you. You have something everyone could learn a little more about love--patience, understanding, kindness. You really do inspire people--just to be better people, better lovers, mothers, and wives. You're great.

Decidedly yours,
NicholleLee Robertson.

No comments:

Post a Comment