Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dear Dennis,


You’re a unique individual. And I know you’re young, but stay that way. Uniqueness is something you don’t come across everyday. We live in a society where everyone is worried about being just like the person sitting next to them. Girls in school are more concerned about putting their makeup on than listening to what a teacher has to say.

But you have a special gift. You’re yourself. And you’re bold. You’re a free spirit. And I don’t want you to loose that. It’s a rare quality to have in our society, but you’re special that way. I wish more people could be as much of an individual as you--a young boy, more willing to be himself than some fifty year old men.

I wish I could be as much of a free spirit as you are. It takes courage. But, of course you have David to help you keep your uniqueness and spirits up--me, I’m just on my own, but I like to think I’m doing okay, kind of a free spirit. David is good for you. He can encourage you to be your own person, and realize even if and when people say mean things that’s all it is--mean things. It’s not you. It’s them. I’m sure David knows that--I’m glad you found each other. You deserve each other.

Keep on keepin’ on little man. You’re doing great.

Flying Like a Free Bird With You,
NicholleLee Robertson.

No comments:

Post a Comment