Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dear Lieutenant Jimmy Cross,


I think you're a sweet man.
The way touching Martha's knee drove you crazy. "He should've carried her up the stairs to her room and tied her to the bed and touched that left knee all night long."
I mean besides for the kind of creepiness in this, it's really sweet when you think about it. Just the touch of that knee and that's all you need to get by, that's all you need to survive, that gives you butterflies. It really shows how much you love her. It really does. It takes more to get by and be satisfied with a mere touch. And I comend you for that.
I remember with my boyfriend all I needed was to hold his hand for a minute and I was good to go for the whole day. And I loved that feeling! I loved the feeling of being able to hold his hand and the fact that touching his hand was all I needed. To me, that's what love was. It was seeing that smile in the morning, or smelling him behind me, or holding his hand. Thats what love was to me. It was that smell, that smile, that touch.
And that's how you were with Martha and, to me, that just shows how much you loved her. And it takes a real man to love someone like that. And especially to love someone like that who doesn't love you in the slightest. It really takes a man. And I really don't know what else to say.
I just think of my boyfriend every time I read that and I just think of the butterflies I get when his hand touched mine, or when he walked into the room after not seeing him for an entire evening/night. And I just feel like we're connected in that way. I know how you feel to love someone so much. We're just....we're alike in that way. We have that in common.
How weird, I, Miss Bookworm who doesn't leave the house has something in common with Mr. Lieutenant Army man.

I don't know. I just can't get over that. I can't get over how much you love her.


Commonly yours,
NicholleLee Robertson.

No comments:

Post a Comment