Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear William Faulkner,


I don't usually write to real people, so you should feel honored. Even though what I have to say to you is not very nice.
I hate your book "The Bear". It's really confusing. Why do you have to have sentences that are like a page long?! It's like reading through cement. I am half way through and have no idea what is going on. It's insane. Maybe, I'll finish it and learn about it in class and I'll change my idea and think it's totally amazing, but I don't think so. I just thought you should know. I don't like your book. I think it's confusing. And difficult. And takes way too much time to read. I mean are you writing about bears? Or dogs? Or both? Or are they people and you're just calling them bears and dogs? I honestly have NO IDEA. And, I'm supposed to be an English major....I'm supposed to get these things....

Confusidly yours,
NicholleLee Robertson.

1 comment: